- ESC/POS Command for TM Printer
- Character Code Tables for TM Printer
- ESC/POS Command for Customer Displays
- Character Code Tables for Customer Displays
- Epson ePOS SDK for Android
- Epson ePOS SDK for iOS
- Epson ePOS SDK for Universal Windows apps
- ePOS-Device XML
- ePOS-Print XML
Restaurant POS system with OES(Order Entry system)
Many restaurants have OES (order entry systems) now. It is expected to have low cost restaurant systems with OES using common mobile devices. This application shows a solution using a TM-DT and mobile devices.
Benefits for system developer and integrator
- Unified system development using the Web-based system for Cloud/Web service on the Internet and POS system at a shop
- Driverless solution using Epson ePOS SDK (No need to develop or install a driver)
- Easy deployment using TMNet WebConfig and other tools
Benefits for end user
- Low cost & flexible system using common mobile devices
- Small footprint POS terminal using a TM-DT
- Easy support & maintenance using Web Contents Update and so on
Main points for system configuration
The Web server on the Internet will provide customers information about menus (products), location, company details and so on. Then it can provide the Internet (Web) reservation service on it.
The reservation information can be checked at a shop by a browser application at mobile terminal(s) or the new reservation data can be placed in a certain folder by each shop at the Web server on the Internet, which is searched periodically and downloaded to the TM-DT automatically to display the reservation information using the POS application at a shop when it is found by the server direct print function using the TM-DT.
For the POS/OES (Order Entry System) system at a shop, the application is a Web-based application, which means the application runs on a Web server. As the TM-DT has a built-in Web server, the POS application can run on a TM-DT locally without another PC server.
The Web-based application can run on a browser on varieties of hardware with different OS types including tablet PCs, smart phones, PCs and so on. You can utilize varieties of mobile device as POS/OES terminals for clerks at a shop.
TM-DT has flexible interfaces. By connecting a customer display and peripheral devices to a TM-DT, the TM-DT can be used as the casher POS terminal at the shop.
The data/contents of POS system to be updated at the shop are placed in a certain folder on the Web server on the Internet. They can be searched on schedule, and automatically downloaded and to replace the existing data/contents using the Web Contents Update function of the TM-DT. This eases support and maintenance work at a shop.